Food lovers, rejoice!
We are finally beginning the slow and cautious process of re-opening our Food and Wine Tours.
It’s been a long and challenging year for us and we want to thank all the guests who’ve been supporting us through amazing cheer-up emails, wonderful reviews (both on Google and TripAdvisor), and purchase of gift cards. But now it’s time to slowly go back to doing what we love the most: eating our way through the beautiful city of Porto.
We’ve been told we can take you with us so long as we meet guidelines to protect you, our staff, and our partners as well. And that’s precisely what we will do.
As the world reopens, we’ve been thinking of new ways to look out for each other. We’ve been working on plans to enable social distancing measures – from adjusting our current tours’ capacity to increase the availability of hand sanitizers and ask our staff and our guests to wear face masks. We’ve also modified our cancellation policy in order to give you peace of mind while you plan your trip to Porto. In a nutshell: if we are notified within 72 hours of the tour we will be happy to offer you a refund or reschedule you on a tour anytime over the next year. We can also generate a voucher so you can book it at a later time (within a period of 3 years).
We are happy to say that Portugal is one of the first destinations to receive the World Travel & Tourism Council Global Safety Stamp and that Portugal Tourism has recognized Taste Porto with the Clean and Safe certification according to the Health Measures in Portugal, which is kind of the cherry on top of the cake (or the fried egg on top of the steak to make it sound more Portuguese). Below is a list of measures we’ll be taking to serve our guests in person, safely.
List of measures we’ll be taking to serve our guests in person
- Before each tour, the tour guide will proceed to a safe and health briefing with all the information on how to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions.
- Guests are required to use face masks during our tours; Even though we would love to see smiles all over our guests’ faces during the Food Tour journey, we will have to ask all to wear a face mask.
- No physical contact with guests (hand-shakes, kisses or hugs), which includes a safety distance of 1 meter when possible; Even though we are a nation who loves hugs, kisses or handshakes, we’ll have to keep a safe distance this time.
- Disinfection of all guests’ hands with alcoholic gel before entering the restaurants and after a meal; Feel free to bring your own hand sanitizer, but please notice that all restaurants will be able to offer you this.
- Because of the implementation of a curfew from 11 pm to 5 am on weekdays and from 1 pm on weekends, we won’t be able to run tours on Saturdays until November 23rd. But fear not: our passionate tour guides are available to guide you through the city on weekdays.
If you’re willing to take a Food Tour in Porto with us, you can find more details about our tours here. If you’re not sure which Tour suits you best, we can give you a hand. Write to us as we are always happy to help: [email protected]
Anything you would like us to add or clarify? Email [email protected]
Here’s a toast to #SafeTravels! ✈
Taste Porto Foodie Team