Posted on February 24, 2021
Am I a Foodie?
First things first: what does “foodie” mean anyway? According to the Cambridge Dictionary, “a foodie seeks new food experiences as a hobby rather than simply eating out of convenience or hunger”. Can you relate to that?
Well, these 20+ signs will help you figure out if you have what it takes to call yourself a foodie. And if you do, how much of a Foodie are you? Continue reading to find out. Here are 20+ Signs You Might Be a Foodie!
Top 20+ signs you might be a foodie
You know you are a foodie when…
- You plan your vacations around meals, not tourist attractions;
- Grocery shopping is your favorite thing to do;
- You have more kitchen supplies than clothes;
- You’ve seen every Chef’s Table episode;
- You have visited some of the places Anthony Bourdain visited on his shows;
- Googling ‘best places to eat” is always on your Pre-Travel Checklist;
- You firmly believe that food is the key to a great party;
- You’re so excited to eat you forget to take a photo of your meal;
- You can turn leftovers into a whole new delicious meal with the addition of a few herbs and spices;
- You make bread from scratch at home;
- You know a few plate techniques and you plate food like a Pro;
- You don’t eat fast-food;
- You always try to use locally sourced ingredients;
- You firmly believe that local spices are the best souvenirs to bring back from your travels;
- You know that poutine is not just the president of Russia;
- You appreciate the old methods of food preservation;
- Friends, family and co-workers ask you for lists of places to eat no matter the city;
- You talk about food while eating;
- You experiment instead of always relying on recipes;
- You try a dish even when you risk an allergy from it;
- Your work breaks are always around food;
- Your fondest memories were made when gathered around a table;
- You want your kids to grow up and cook for you.
Tag the foodies in your life on our Instagram or Facebook account.
Warm foodie regards,
Taste Porto Team
Discover Porto's food secrets and have a wonderfully personal experience on our Food & Wine tasting toursBook now