Am I a Foodie?
First things first: what does “foodie” mean anyway? According to the Cambridge Dictionary, “a foodie seeks new food experiences as a hobby rather than simply eating out of convenience or hunger”. Can you relate to that?
Well, these 20+ signs will help you figure out if you have what it takes to call yourself a foodie. And if you do, how much of a Foodie are you? Continue reading to find out.
Top 20+ signs you might be a foodie
You know you are a foodie when…
- You plan your vacations around meals, not tourist attractions;
- Grocery shopping is your favorite thing to do;
- You have more kitchen supplies than clothes;
- You’ve seen every Chef’s Table episode;
- You have visited some of the places Anthony Bourdain visited on his shows;
- Googling ‘best places to eat” is always on your Pre-Travel Checklist;
- You firmly believe that food is the key to a great party;
- You’re so excited to eat you forget to take a photo of your meal;
- You can turn leftovers into a whole new delicious meal with the addition of a few herbs and spices;
- You make bread from scratch at home;
- You know a few plate techniques and you plate food like a Pro;
- You don’t eat fast-food;
- You always try to use locally sourced ingredients;
- You firmly believe that local spices are the best souvenirs to bring back from your travels;
- You know that poutine is not just the president of Russia;
- You appreciate the old methods of food preservation;
- Friends, family and co-workers ask you for lists of places to eat no matter the city;
- You talk about food while eating;
- You experiment instead of always relying on recipes;
- You try a dish even when you risk an allergy from it;
- Your work breaks are always around food;
- Your fondest memories were made when gathered around a table;
- You want your kids to grow up and cook for you.
Warm foodie regards,
Taste Porto Team